Participants will be matched to work placements based upon education, interests, experience and desire. Some placements are based from agencies and ministries. Others are based from local churches. All work placements are built around meaningful outreach and mutual transformation for the community and the development of the participant as well. Each placement is selected carefully and also agrees to a set of expectations and commitments. Gaining experience is a serious consideration in vocational discernment and the beginning of a career as a "calling" not just a job.
(Listed in order of specific skills desired to the general interest)
- Pre-law Spanish speaker to help immigrants file legally (JFON) in Miami
- Homelessness assistance/social work in St. Pete, Tampa, and Jacksonville
- Social work, office administration, logistics - in Naples with Habitat for Humanity or Tampa with Metropolitan Ministries
- Construction - Build houses to improve families (Habitat) in Naples
- Arts program/church work/youth/children - Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Miami Beach
- Teach English to adults and improve their lives - St. Pete
- Autism/church work/local schools (Spanish helpful) - Azalea Park in North East Orlando
- Young adult/campus/ministry: Develop a robust community and worship in Orlando
- Church work/youth/children/young adults - Tallahassee, St. Pete and South Miami Dade
- Pahokee/Belle Glade
- St. Petersburg
Our Placement Partners
The Young Adult Missional Movement is identifying, recognizing, gathering & encouraging all expressions of young adults in missional service in the Florida Conference. We will provide support in the way of coaching, encouraging and connecting young adults together, to prevent mistakes, to exchange best practices, to support spiritual development and facilitate reflection, action and growth.
|Back to Home||Change the World||Change Your Life||Staff and Support Partners|