SEND ALL WORKBOOK AND WELCOME PACKET INFORMATION TO:
WORKBOOK DEADLINE: MARCH 20, 2015
These instructions are for those who are responsible for a Workbook report and/or those who wish to submit an item for the Welcome Packet.
Click here for a spreadsheet with your Workbook assignment.
The Florida Annual Conference event will be held at the Bethune-Cookman University’s Performing Arts Center, located at the intersection of International Speedway Blvd. and Lincoln Street in Daytona Beach, June 10-13, 2015. Our theme this year is “Next Generations.”
If you are a staff person, it is your responsibility to contact the chairperson(s) of the agencies you work with and ask them to submit their report to you. If you represent an agency, you may have a business report or promotional item (non-business item) for inclusion in the Annual Conference Workbook or Welcome Packet.
Make sure the Workbook report is formatted correctly and that it is proofed for errors, grammar, spelling, etc., before submitting the report to ACWorkbook@flumc.org, by Friday, March 20, 2015. The conference WILL NOT edit or proofread Workbook reports, so proofread your report carefully.
If your report must be reviewed by your supervisor, you must deliver it to them
NO LATER THAN MARCH 10, 2015
2015 WORKBOOK AND WELCOME PACKET DEADLINE INFORMATION
All items must be submitted by the appropriate deadlines. The Conference Workbook will contain all official conference business and approved non-business items. If you have questions about the report, you may e-mail your question(s) to ACWorkbook@flumc.org.
- Deadline for official Annual Conference reports is Friday, March 20, and the cost is covered in the Annual Conference Budget.
- Deadline for submitting non-business items for approval is Tuesday, March 3. Non-business items are limited to one page at the cost to the submitting party of $250.00. Items must be camera-ready and in black and white only. Once your item has been approved, please send your check to Florida Annual Conference, attention: Workbook, Non-business item, 450 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33815-1522.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORKBOOK REPORT
Submit your report as e-mail attachments, both as a MS Word document and a PDF document and send to: ACWorkbook@flumc.org. On the subject line put “Workbook Business” or “Workbook Non-business.” It is assumed that all material submitted for inclusion in the Workbook or Welcome Packet has been proofed and edited by you for content and errors, including spelling, grammar and all math. Your report will be printed as submitted.
The conference will not edit or proofread your report.
MANDATORY FORMAT FOR ALL REPORTS
Questions regarding submitting a report should be emailed to ACWorkbook@flumc.org. Text reports should be in Microsoft Word and should be concise and to-the-point. Budgets and charts should be in Microsoft Excel so that columns and rows of numbers transfer correctly. If budgets or columns of numbers are in Microsoft Word, a decimal tab or right tab should be used when formatting the document so that columns and rows of numbers line up correctly.
Margins and Fonts: Use one-inch margins top, bottom, left and right, with an Arial 12-point font, limiting the use of bold or italics whenever possible, as this creates formatting problems when compiling the Workbook.
Informational Reports: We request that informational reports not requiring the action of the Annual Conference be limited to no more than 750 words. Informational reports are subject to editing later by the Conference Secretary and may or may not be included in the Conference Journal.
WELCOME PACKET DEADLINE IS MAY 18
There will be no pre-assembled welcome packet for AC 2015
- All digital items will be posted on the Annual Conference website.
- Printed items will be made available for members to pick up after check-in.
Welcome Packet items contain official Annual Conference business, as well as non-business items.
- Deadline for approval of items to be posted and distributed is Monday, May 18.
- Deadline for delivery of printed, approved items to the United Methodist Conference Center is Friday, May 29. Items may be delivered as early as Friday, May 22 through Friday, May 29.
Pre-approval is required to post and distribute your item. To request approval for a non-business item to be included, you may do one of the following:
- E-mail an electronic version of the item to ACWorkbook@flumc.org with “Welcome Packet” in the subject line.
- Mail a copy of the item to Florida United Methodist Conference Center, Attention: Welcome Packet, 450 Martin Luther King, Jr, Ave, Lakeland, FL 33815-1522.
Once your item has been approved, deliver printed copies to the United Methodist Conference Center (in quantities of 1,000) no later than Friday, May 29 for distribution. Printing costs for reports, non-business items, brochures and flyers are the responsibility of the submitting party. There will be no fees for posting the electronic version on the AC website or for distribution in the registration area. Items should be clearly marked as follows: Florida Annual Conference Welcome Packet, 450 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33815-1522.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Deadline for submissions to the Workbook:
- Business items by Friday, March 20.
- Submit non-business items for approval by Tuesday, March 3.
Deadline for submissions for the Welcome Packet:
- Submit items forapproval by Monday, May 18.
- Deliver approved items to United Methodist Conference Center by Friday, May 29.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. For more information about all Annual Conference matters, please visit the conference website a www.flumc.org often. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
General questions about the Annual Conference event may be e-mailed to ACQuestions@flumc.org.