For several years, the Florida Conference of the UMC has been blessed to be able to provide comprehensive insurance coverage for our local churches and ministries, including accident insurance coverage for domestic mission teams. That coverage has been enhanced by also providing insurance for mission teams from Florida Conference churches traveling internationally. Coverage includes medical expenses due to treatment, services and supplies for injuries or sickness while participating in volunteer activities outside of the United States, on church-sponsored trips. You should register your church-sponsored trip with Molly even if the trip is not UMVIM related.
Also included as a part of this insurance package Worldcue (ijet) is international crisis management assistance. 24/7 assistance and guidance is provided for the international church group traveler for a wide variety of issues that may arise during travel, including but not limited to: lost passport or luggage, civil unrest, or other emergencies. Online safety resources and country specific information will also be available.
With such great coverage, we certainly don’t intend to make the process cumbersome in any way. At the same time, however, we have to make sure we know who is traveling under the program. We’ve had a few very urgent travel situations involving Florida Conference folks where we have had to react very quickly, working with the particular vendors, to make sure our folks got home safely. So, the information we request is of necessity.
International Trips need to turn in the following: Official Team Roster form, completed missioner profile for each team member, and flight itinerary. The team leader holds onto the copy of the Missioner profile, Medical Information and Release of Claim, Parent Consent form (if younger than 18), and a Notification of Death for each team member.
WorldAware (worldcue) Why flight itinerary? Included as a part of this insurance package is international crisis management assistance. 24/7 assistance and guidance is provided for the international church group traveler for a wide variety of issues that may arise during travel, including but not limited to: lost passport or luggage, civil unrest, or other emergencies. Online safety resources and country specific information will also be available. WorldAware is a great resource for your trip. You will be able to research vital risk information about the country to which you are travelling using the international travel planning site sponsored by the Ministry Protection Insurance program. Molly McEntire will provide you access to this site when you register your trip with her. Please review with all travelers, in detail, the risk information for the country where you are traveling. If travelling to a country with a “High” or “Very High” risk category as rated in the travel planning website please contact Ministry Protection at 1-800-282-8011 x199
Domestic Trips for accidental insurance we only need a team roster. Accident insurance information will be emailed to team leader.
- If you have questions please contact Molly McEntire @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-282-8011 x. 195
- Team leaders collect all documents from team members. **To register your team, submit the team roster, flight itinerary and a missioner profile for each team member to Katherine Lain, Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com at least 2 weeks in advance.** Team leader keeps all other paperwork with them.
- IMPORTANT! • For Cuba travelers, an additional form is required. Submit the AIG CUBA TRAVEL CERTIFICATION for each team member to Beth Bousquet (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Keily Armans (email@example.com) two weeks prior to your trip.
*Please complete the following steps*
1. Team Roster - Return to Katherine Lain/Team leader keeps copy for trip.
2. Missioner Profile - Return to Katherine Lain/Team leader keeps copy for trip.
2. Medical Information and Release of Claim- Team leader keeps for trip.
3. Parental Consent Form- Team leader keeps for trip.
4. Notification of Death- Team leader keeps for trip.
5. Flight Itinerary- Send to Katherine Lain.
6. Print out insurance cards for each traveler. Bring on trip.
7. Print out Insurance Information Packet- Bring copy on trip.
7. Register for team training- Molly McEntire firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about travelers insurance, or WorldAware please contact Molly McEntire at email@example.com or 1-800-282-8011 x. 195