2019 Summer Pastoral Ministry Internship Program
The Office of Clergy Excellence, a Connectional Ministry of the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church, sponsors the Summer Pastoral Ministry Internship Program. This program is for young adults, ages 18-26, who are interested in exploring ordained ministry through 10-week summer internships at United Methodist Churches and other approved extension ministry settings within the Florida Conference. These internships seek to provide a holistic, hands-on experience in pastoral ministry within a variety of areas of responsibility and under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Internship Dates: Monday, May 27, 2019 through Friday, August 2, 2019
- Intern Training Day: Friday, May 24, 2019 (Interns and Supervising Pastors)
- Intern Reflection Day: Monday, August 5, 2019 (Interns Only)
- Hours: 30 hours/week as scheduled with Supervising Pastor
- Housing: Provided in a congregant's home, if needed
- Transportation: Preferred
- Salary: $3,500.00 ($1,500 host site, $1,500 Office of Clergy Excellence, plus an additional $500 if the Intern attends both the Orientation and Reflection Day)
Please Click Here to access the 2018 Summer Pastoral Ministry Internship Program Description, and please Click Here to access the 2018 Summer Pastoral Ministry Internship Program Application.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011