Florida Conference Social Media Comments Guidelines
We welcome you and your comments to the Florida Conference Facebook pages and other social media sites. The purpose of our Facebook community is to provide a place for local churches to share and engage in conversation about faith, missions, outreach, community and worship. We value thoughtful, polite and concise comments that reflect a variety of views.
We do, however, provide the following guidelines:
- We encourage thoughtful discussion, debate and differing viewpoints, with the understanding that all comments on the Florida Conference page must be civil, respectful, and appropriate for our audience.
- When leaving comments, we encourage our fans to remain on topic, to respond directly to the content at hand, and to be mindful that their comments are public and are publicly attached to their personal Facebook profiles.
- We will not tolerate use of lewd, offensive, libelous, demeaning, or otherwise hurtful or hateful speech directed toward either individuals or groups. We reserve the right—but assume no obligation—to delete such comments, and report offenders as appropriate.
- Mere disagreement with a particular article, posting, or with other commenters will NOT in and of itself be grounds for a comment's removal.
- We do not permit messages selling products or promoting commercial or other ventures. We will delete such messages without notice.
- Upon request of individuals named in comments, some comments may also be removed.
We reserve the right to delete any submissions on our Facebook and Twitter pages and our YouTube channel that contain:
- Vulgar language
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
- Spam or links to other sites
- Clearly off topic
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks