Cornerstone UMC, Cutler Bay, FL
Cornerstone Kids Preschool is seeking a Preschool Director, full-time 40-hour a week, for a year-round 70+ student faith-based preschool at Cornerstone United Methodist Church in Cutler Bay, Florida.
This person would supervise 15+ teachers, aides, and custodial staff. The candidate must have an outgoing personality, be able to relate to both young children and adults, and have a servant’s heart. The director reports to the Pastor of the church and the governing bodies within the church organization, including the Preschool Board.
- State of Florida Director’s Credential with VPK endorsement.
- FCCPC – Florida Child Care Professional Certification (formerly known as CDAE).
- AA/AS or above, plus two years experience; or a minimum of five years experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree/Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, or Current Florida Teaching Certificate with DCF coursework.
- Preferred: Director’s Advanced Credential.
2-3 years Director’s experience in a faith-based center preferred.
- Professionalism, management, communication, leadership, and computer skills.
- Social media understanding and marketing creativity.
- Maintain all licensing requirements according to FL DCF, VPK, and UMAP standards.
- Uphold all United Methodist Church guided practices.
- Ensure a safe, educational, and caring environment for children and parents.
- Promote and maintain a positive image within the community.
- Promote and maintain quality of early childhood program and Christian education.
- Handle and supervise all year-round administrative functions of the preschool.
- Maintain systems that ensure self-sustainability of the preschool.
- Mentor, lead, and guide an experienced preschool staff.
How to Apply:
Must be available to assume position by August 20th or before. Contact Rev. Dr. Paul Cook at email@example.com or 305-747-7140.