Part-Time Children and Youth Coordinator
First United Methodist Church of Miami
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree Preferred
3 years experience of working with children and youth
Growing personal spiritual faith
High Communication Skills- Orally and written
Event planning experience
Highly relational with children and youth
Job Summary/Purpose: Provide weekly, monthly and annual ministry to our children and youth. This person will oversee all children and youth programing, operations and administration.
Worship/ Sunday Job Functions
- Presence: Be present from 9:30am-1:30pm (or later if we have meetings after church and childcare is needed.)
- Nursery: Provide supervision of nursery and nursery workers. Children 6 months-4 years. (There is currently no nursery.)
- Sunday School Children: Oversee Sunday School for children 5 years- 11years old. Create or find curriculum and work with volunteers to help teach on Sunday mornings. (This is currently virtual at 10am on Sunday mornings and run by our nursery workers. You will be on call and coordinate curriculum and sending all information to parents. )
- Sunday School Youth: Teach youth Sunday School each Sunday at 10am. Create or find curriculum that is relevant and helpful. (Currently there is a youth call each week. One for HS students on Wed. and one for MS Students on Thurs.)
- Children’s Sermon: Work with Pastor Audrey to plan weekly children’s sermons.
Weekly Operational Functions
- Communication: Provide constant and current communication with Parents, youth and guardians through email, whatsapp and text. THREE WAY communication is vitally important.
- Sunday School Materials: Prepare and send any and all Sunday School materials to parents through email or snail mail.
- Youth Night: Provide weekly youth night experience that involves, games, worship and fellowship. (Currently not available during the pandemic.)
Monthly Annual Responsibilities and Duties
- Service Opportunity: Provide a monthly service opportunity for Youth.
- Children’s Fun Day: Provide a monthly fun Saturday for children and families. Usually about 2-3 hours. Includes crafts, singing and learning about the Bible.
- Vacation Bible School: Oversee and coordinate our Annual Vacation Bible School. Work with volunteers to prepare, market and execute week long Bible School.
- Summer Camp: Coordinate our children and youth going to Warren W. Willis Camp each summer. Organize registration, communication, scholarship program and transportation. Join children and youth at camp as Adult volunteer.
- Oasis Camp: Coordinate our youth going to spring break Oasis Camp. Organize registration, communication, scholarship program and transportation. Join youth at camp as Adult volunteer.
- Promotion Sunday: Plan and coordinate promotion Sunday where kids are recognized for moving to the next grade. Also distribute 3rd grade Bibles.
- Youth Sunday: Organize, coordinate and execute two youth Sundays per year. This is where youth help in the leadership of the worship service.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the group.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the group.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
For questions or inquiries please contact Rev. Audrey Warren – email@example.com