Trinity UMC, Lighthouse Point, FL
Family Worship Arts Director
Lead corporate (Sunday) worship and music ministries with all ages in our preschool and elementary school. Accompany plays/musicals and collaborate with worship team on creative, intergenerational liturgies. Full time with benefits- approximately 40 hours per week.
- Applicant has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and is growing in discipleship.
- Has a college degree or specialized training in music; both singing and playing an instrument (piano preferred).
- Must be able to: teach children, have classroom management skills, and build and manage a team.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, volunteer coordination, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, other systems such as Easy Worship and video projection.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms into worship with both adults and children, as needed.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Build the necessary teams and lead the worship areas of:
- Trinity Tellers (kids plays/musicals Sunday afternoon & mid-week rehearsals)
- Preschool Praisers (VPK choir)
- Trinity Christian School (TCS) music class (2-4 hours weekly with Elementary students)
- TCS bi-annual music presentations
- Trinity Together Sundays (monthly), weekly worship, and special events
- Plan the corporate worship services of Trinity Church in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, liturgists, and dramatists.
- With Senior Pastor and worship team, plan worship at least 7 months in advance, with the next 7 month planning session scheduled at least by month 6. (IE meet in June to plan July –January. Meet in January for February through August.)
- Rehearse music, with Team, one month in advance.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please call Rev. Elyse Milligan at the church office: 954-941-8033.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011