First United Methodist Church of Fort Lauderdale
The First United Methodist Church of Fort Lauderdale is seeking an After-school Counselor.
- Serve as a driver of a 14-seater bus.
- Collect students from various schools located in Broward County.
- Prepare and supervise activities for the students, kindergarten through 7th grade.
- Assist children with their homework.
- Organize crafting or athletic activities.
- Make sure everyone gets snacks during the program.
- Plan and oversee activities.
- Responsible for observing the health and wellness of all children in the program.
- Assist directors or other counselors.
- General housekeeping.
If interested, please contact Sharron Swart, Aftercare Director, at 954-463-3758 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Children's Ministry
Miami Lakes United Methodist Church
The Miami Lakes United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry.
Job Summary/Purpose: The position is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating, and delivering programs and activities for children ages 4-11 years old, primarily on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. While the role is part time, the number of hours may vary based on the candidate’s availability and interest, as well as the needs related to seasonal special events. Experience with children and families in a church ministry setting is preferred, however, experience with children in other ministry or human services settings will be considered. The desired candidate should have a strong personal relationship with God and a passion to guide children in their own walk with God.
If interested, please send all inquiries to email@example.com with Director of Children’s Ministry job posting in the Subject line.
FAMILY MINISTRIES COORDINATOR
First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables
At First Coral Gables, we are growing together in faith, in community, and in love. That's the foundation of all that we do! Growing in love for God, with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Growing in our love for our neighbor, those God puts in our paths each day. In pursuit of that goal, the Family Ministries Coordinator is responsible for the administration, development, and supervision of programs for children, youth and families. This part-time (30 hours/week) position will report directly to the Senior Pastor. An FDLE background screening is a requirement of the hiring process.
- Administer and oversee relational and engaging ministries for children and youth.
- As part of the Family Ministries Team, create opportunities to grow our church's outreach to families, children, and youth.
- Ensure safety protocols and implement Child and Youth Protection Policy.
- Coordinate and supervise Connect KIDS Sunday School Ministry, checking children in on "KidCheck" and subbing in classroom, if needed.
- Schedule nursery, ConnectKIDS, and greeters, assigning roles each week and crosstraining.
- Serve on Family Ministries Team with Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Director of The Growing Place, and volunteers.
- Together with Team, select and order curriculum, ensuring that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next.
- Purchase supplies and curriculum.
- Together with the Senior Pastor and the Associate Pastor, provide a consistent caring presence for the families of our church.
- Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
- Develop a Student (Youth) Leadership Team who will be equipped to lead and make disciples. Coordinate special events, such as Vacation Bible School, mission trips, Christmas/Easter Family Service, Egg Hunt, Movie Night.
- Maintain accurate database records for children, youth, and families.
- Other duties in consultation with pastoral team.
- A passion for creating safe and fun environments for children and students.
- Proven administrative and organizational skills, including database management.
- A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams.
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new ministries and inspire others to new initiatives.
- Proficient and confident in recruiting, training, and equipping volunteer leaders.
Please be advised that the above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent to the position, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Senior Pastor and/or SPRC may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If interested, please send resume to Pastor Hedy Collver, or call 305-445-2578 for more information.