FAMILY MINISTRIES COORDINATOR
First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables
At First Coral Gables, we are growing together in faith, in community, and in love. That's the foundation of all that we do! Growing in love for God, with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Growing in our love for our neighbor, those God puts in our paths each day. In pursuit of that goal, the Family Ministries Coordinator is responsible for the administration, development, and supervision of programs for children, youth and families. This part-time (30 hours/week) position will report directly to the Senior Pastor. An FDLE background screening is a requirement of the hiring process.
- Administer and oversee relational and engaging ministries for children and youth.
- As part of the Family Ministries Team, create opportunities to grow our church's outreach to families, children, and youth.
- Ensure safety protocols and implement Child and Youth Protection Policy.
- Coordinate and supervise Connect KIDS Sunday School Ministry, checking children in on "KidCheck" and subbing in classroom, if needed.
- Schedule nursery, ConnectKIDS, and greeters, assigning roles each week and crosstraining.
- Serve on Family Ministries Team with Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Director of The Growing Place, and volunteers.
- Together with Team, select and order curriculum, ensuring that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next.
- Purchase supplies and curriculum.
- Together with the Senior Pastor and the Associate Pastor, provide a consistent caring presence for the families of our church.
- Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
- Develop a Student (Youth) Leadership Team who will be equipped to lead and make disciples. Coordinate special events, such as Vacation Bible School, mission trips, Christmas/Easter Family Service, Egg Hunt, Movie Night.
- Maintain accurate database records for children, youth, and families.
- Other duties in consultation with pastoral team.
- A passion for creating safe and fun environments for children and students.
- Proven administrative and organizational skills, including database management.
- A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams.
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new ministries and inspire others to new initiatives.
- Proficient and confident in recruiting, training, and equipping volunteer leaders.
Please be advised that the above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent to the position, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Senior Pastor and/or SPRC may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If interested, please send resume to Pastor Hedy Collver, or call 305-445-2578 for more information.
Part-Time Children and Youth Coordinator
First United Methodist Church of Miami
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree Preferred
3 years experience of working with children and youth
Growing personal spiritual faith
High Communication Skills- Orally and written
Event planning experience
Highly relational with children and youth
Job Summary/Purpose: Provide weekly, monthly and annual ministry to our children and youth. This person will oversee all children and youth programing, operations and administration.
Worship/ Sunday Job Functions
- Presence: Be present from 9:30am-1:30pm (or later if we have meetings after church and childcare is needed.)
- Nursery: Provide supervision of nursery and nursery workers. Children 6 months-4 years. (There is currently no nursery.)
- Sunday School Children: Oversee Sunday School for children 5 years- 11years old. Create or find curriculum and work with volunteers to help teach on Sunday mornings. (This is currently virtual at 10am on Sunday mornings and run by our nursery workers. You will be on call and coordinate curriculum and sending all information to parents. )
- Sunday School Youth: Teach youth Sunday School each Sunday at 10am. Create or find curriculum that is relevant and helpful. (Currently there is a youth call each week. One for HS students on Wed. and one for MS Students on Thurs.)
- Children’s Sermon: Work with Pastor Audrey to plan weekly children’s sermons.
Weekly Operational Functions
- Communication: Provide constant and current communication with Parents, youth and guardians through email, whatsapp and text. THREE WAY communication is vitally important.
- Sunday School Materials: Prepare and send any and all Sunday School materials to parents through email or snail mail.
- Youth Night: Provide weekly youth night experience that involves, games, worship and fellowship. (Currently not available during the pandemic.)
Monthly Annual Responsibilities and Duties
- Service Opportunity: Provide a monthly service opportunity for Youth.
- Children’s Fun Day: Provide a monthly fun Saturday for children and families. Usually about 2-3 hours. Includes crafts, singing and learning about the Bible.
- Vacation Bible School: Oversee and coordinate our Annual Vacation Bible School. Work with volunteers to prepare, market and execute week long Bible School.
- Summer Camp: Coordinate our children and youth going to Warren W. Willis Camp each summer. Organize registration, communication, scholarship program and transportation. Join children and youth at camp as Adult volunteer.
- Oasis Camp: Coordinate our youth going to spring break Oasis Camp. Organize registration, communication, scholarship program and transportation. Join youth at camp as Adult volunteer.
- Promotion Sunday: Plan and coordinate promotion Sunday where kids are recognized for moving to the next grade. Also distribute 3rd grade Bibles.
- Youth Sunday: Organize, coordinate and execute two youth Sundays per year. This is where youth help in the leadership of the worship service.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the group.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the group.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
For questions or inquiries please contact Rev. Audrey Warren – firstname.lastname@example.org