Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs
Recipe submitted by Gretchen
A former work colleague in Chicago loves to cook and is an excellent cook. This was her secret for she and the kids enjoying ribs on weeknights.
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- dry rub (optional step before slow cooking)
- 1 18 ounce bottle of barbeque sauce
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Pour water into slow cooker. Layer the ribs into the slow cooker. Top the ribs with onion and garlic.
- Cook on High for 4 hours (or Low for 8 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet. Discard onion and garlic. Coat ribs with barbeque sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat, 10 to 15 minutes.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011