Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe
Recipe submitted by Vijay Dhawan
A simple chocolate cake to make tea time more fun for you and your guests!
- 115g / 4oz plain chocolate, chopped into Small pieces
- 45ml / 3 tbsp milk
- 150g / 5oz / ½ cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 150g / 5oz / scant 1 cup light muscovado sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g / 7oz / 1 ¾ cups self – raising flour
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp cocoa Powder
- 1 quantity Chocolate Buttercream, for the filling
- Icing sugar and cocoa powder, for dusting
2. Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
3. Sift the and coca over the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon until evenly mixed. Scrape into the prepared tins, smooth level and bake for 35 -40 minutes or until well risen and firm. Turn out on to wire racks to cool.
4. Sandwich the cake layers together with a thick, even layer of chocolate buttercream. Dust with a mixture of icing sugar and cocoa just before serving.