Recipe submitted by Don Youngs
I loved the carrot souffle at the old Piccadilly Cafeteria and this recipe tastes just like theirs. Carrot Souffle can be served hot as a side dish or cold with a dollop of whipped cream for dessert. Recipe serves 10.
1 3/4 lbs. peeled carrots
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1/8 cup flour
1/4 lb margarine
1. Steam or boil carrots until extra soft. Drain well.
2. While carrots are warm, add sugar, baking powder and vanilla.
3. Whip with mixer until smooth.
4. Add flour and mix well.
5.Whip eggs and add to flour mixture, blend well.
6. Add softened margarine to mix and blend well.
7. Pour mixture into a 13 X 9 inch baking dish about half full as the souffle will rise.
8. Bake in 350 degree oven about 1 hour or until top is a light golden brown.
9. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar over top before serving.