Main Menu

Photo/Media Release

Do you have their permission to use that photo? To use a photo with a recognizable person in it, you should secure a media/photo release from the subject.

If the subject of the photo is a minor, you’ll need a signed media release from a parent or guardian.

If shooting a public event (like a trunk or treat or Christmas festival), you typically do not need individual releases. However, for the conference publications, we prefer to err on the side of caution.

We recommend always obtaining a media/photo release for any recognizable minors in a photo or video, including public events (which we do).
 In a pinch, it can be a handwritten note by the parent, or an email from the parent after the event.

Click here for a sample media release form.