'Our Kids Training Plus' slated for Sept. 29
The Conference Task Force for this event recommends each participating church create a team PRIOR to the training event and bring the team to the event. When building your team, identify people who are willing to commit 4-6 hours of preparation time BEFORE attending the event. This preparation time will include:
- Reading and/or watching the recommended material (You will be emailed this information after you register.)
- Praying and setting initial goals for what you hope to get out of the training
At the event your team will
- Worship and hear from Bishop Carter, who will kick off our training day
- Hear testimonies from small, medium and large churches who have pioneered school-church relationships
- Attend workshops on simple, practical and effective ideas to implement. Workshops will be offered in the areas of Relief (e.g. nutrition, books, supplies, supporting teachers); Betterment (e.g. mentoring, volunteers, reading programs); and Development (e.g. education policy, collaborating with community partners)
After the event your team will
- Participate in post training follow up peer support calls
- Work your action plan, making adjustments as needed
CLICK HERE to register.
St. Luke's - Orlando, FL
4851 S. Apopka-Vineland Rd.
Orlando, FL 32819
10AM - 3PM
$25 per person
$75 maximum per church*
$10 per participant for childcare
Click here to register.
$25 per Equitable Compensation church no matter how many people
*We strongly recommend that you create a team of at least 3 people to attend this event together.