The theme of the three-day event is “Harness the power of technology for global good,” with demonstrations of how information and communication technology can be used to improve all facets of life. Workshop topics will include mobile money, mobile health, e-learning, crisis communications and women’s empowerment through information technology.
“The Ebola crisis demonstrated how vital the right communications solution can be – reaching people where they are – even outside the bounds of grid and network coverage,” said Rev. Neelley Hicks, director for ICT4D Church Initiatives for United Methodist Communications.
Confirmed speakers for the conference include the following:
- Ken Banks, founder of Kiwanja.net and FrontlineSMS;
- Gavin Krugel, Fundamo;
- Maeghan Orton, Medic Mobile;
- Dr. Revi Sterling, NetHope;
- Carmen Strigel, RTI International;
- Firdaus Kharas, Chocolate Moose Media;
- Sybille Fleischmann, POSSYBIL;
- Jeremy Schwartz, World Possible;
- Sonia Arenza, Accion; and
- Adele Waugaman, Catalyst Advisors.
United Methodist Communications is offering the Game Changers Summit to innovative faith leaders who seek to utilize the tools of the day to enhance existing ministries and build new ones to improve lives and communities.
Early bird registration is $275 and ends July 1. After that, registration is $310. Group and student discounts are available. To register, click here. For additional information, click here.