You are invited to a community revival on June 4-8, 2018 at United New Jerusalem Church of Jesus Christ, 12425 Blue Star Highway, Gretna, Florida. Each night will begin at 7:00 PM with different speakers each evening:
June 4 - Pastor Juani Hernandez, Glen Julia UMC
June 5 - Pastor Evelyn Maxwell, Old Mt. Pleasant UMC
June 6 - Rev. Rudolph Nealy, New Hope Missionary Baptist Church
June 7 - Elder Terrance Rouhlac, Miracle Temple Church of God in Christ
June 8 - Elder Broderick Raines, United New Jerusalem Church of Jesus Christ
June 7-9, 2018
Florida Southern College
111 Lake Hollingsworth Dr.
Lakeland, FL 33801
District Lay Delegates are still needed to attend the Annual Conference (at your own expense). Please call the District office if interested.
Trinity United Methodist Church, Tallahassee
Functional Classification: Program Staff
Responsible To (Supervisor): Associate Pastor
Full-time or Part-time: Up to 17 hours per week
Minimum Qualifications (additional preferred qualifications may be added when advertising the position to meet needs at a specified time): Bachelor's degree in music performance or music education; demonstrated ability to instruct and lead vocalists, instrumentalists, and congregation; knowledge and experience in contemporary praise and worship music; several years experience in these areas.
General Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for the music program of the contemporary worship service in cooperation with the pastors and any designated leadership team. Supervision of sound technician and music intern is also included.
Relationships: Interacts with pastors, praise band (instrumentalists and vocalists), leadership team for contemporary service, other church staff (particularly director of music ministries), and congregation.
Specific Areas of Responsibility and Specific Duties:
1. Select and lead instrumentalists and vocalists in praise and worship music in order to
encourage and lead congregational participation.
2. Conduct appropriate rehearsals.
3. Recognize opportunities and assume leadership role in accomplishing meaningful
worship experience for the entire contemporary service.
4. Coordinate responsibilities with both pastors.
5. Actively participate in leadership team work.
6. Participate in other services and broader music ministries of the church as requested.
7. Assume other related responsibilities as agreed upon with the pastors.
8. Participation in staff retreat and gatherings.
All resumes and cover letters can be sent to Trinity@tumct.org.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011