Are you ready for November 11? Not only are we ready but we are excited! Here are just a few reminders:
- We are not collecting your charge conference packet before November 11. Bring your packet at that time.
- There is not a public agenda for you to put into the packet.
- We only need one copy of your charge conference packet at the event.
- We will have pre-printed sign-in (attendance) sheets. You don't need to bring your own.
- Please have one person from each church (preferably the senior pastor) to come to the check-in area and pick up your sign-in sheet.
- Be there before 9 a.m. We will begin promptly at 9 a.m.
- We are not serving breakfast or coffee. Be sure to take care of that before you get there.
- Bring your donations! (see the Charge Conference tips & FAQ document for more information.)
- Plan to stay for the duration. We are doing great things during this event. We know you don't want to miss anything.
- Read the Charge Conference Tips & FAQ document for a more extensive overview of the event.
- 2018 leadership should be entered into the Church Dashboard within seven days of Super-Charged Conference. Click HERE to get the different tutorials. Click on the Leadership link once you are there. There are videos and also printable guide sheets. Important - Leaders email addresses and phone numbers should be entered.
- Get ready to have fun, love, learn and lead with us! See you on November 11 @ CrossRoad Church.
Jacksonville Icemen Faith & Family Night
Join the District Superintendent as he drops the puck at the Jacksonville Icemen game Faith & Family Night game on Sunday, January 28, 2018 @ 3 p.m. We will also be able to get a group photo on the ice after the game. For more information and to order tickets, please download the event flyer.
Yes it is official! I passed the Basic Riders Course and received my certificate that allows me to update my license and officially ride motorcycles. I had a great time at the class last weekend. I even have my own biker vest with my biker name "church girl" on it.
Even though I don't have a motorcycle yet, I am excited to be part of the second ride for a new Fresh Expression entitled Kick Stands Upward. We will meet on November 18. If you are interested in riding with us and know anyone that isn't churched that you would like to invite to come along, please contact me.
You can find out more about the Fresh Expressions that are going on in our District by clicking here. If you are doing a Fresh Expression at your church and want it listed in our website, please let me know. -Pam Mullay
November 4, 2017 - DLC Nurse & Learn Passport to Riverside and Avondale Event. Purchase your ticket to Passport 2017 now!
November 15, 2017 - Finance/Trustees Training, 6:30-9 p.m. @ Riverdale UMC. This will be a brown-bag meal training. Bring a brown bag meal with you. The District Office will provide drinks and snacks. This training is free but you must register to attend.
November 16, 2017 - Finance/Trustees Training, 6:30-9 p.m. @ Lake Shore UMC. This will be a brown-bag meal training. Bring a brown bag meal with you. The District Office will provide drinks and snacks. This training is free but you must register to attend.
November 18, 2017 - Fresh Expressions Event in Deland
December 13, 2017 - DCOM Meeting (Re-certifications) You need to be invited to attend this meeting by the DCOM registrar.
January 18, 2018 - Luncheon with Duval County UMC Pastors & Schools. 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. @ Southside UMC.
January 20, 2018 - District Leadership Event - Location 1 @ Keystone UMC, Keystone Heights
January 27, 2018 - District Leadership Event - Location 2 @ Beach Church, Jacksonville Beach
January 28, 2018 - Faith & Family Weekend @ The Jacksonville Icemen Ice Hockey Game. The District Superintendent will drop the puck at the game. We will also be able to go onto the ice after the game for a group picture with everyone from the District in attendance. Tickets will be available in the coming weeks.
February 22, 2018 - Duval County Principal & Pastor's
April 13-14, 2018 - District Lay Servant Ministry Training @ New Life Community UMC, Jacksonville
June 7-9, 2018 - Annual Conference, Lakeland
October 20, 2018 - Super-Charged Conference @ CrossRoad UMC, Jacksonville