We will be adding resources to this list but if there is something in particular you are looking for, please email our office and we will do our best to add it to our Resource List. Please feel free to share these resources with others in your congregation.
CHILD/YOUTH POLICY TRAINING MATERIALS
- 2020 Child Youth Policy Training Presentation
- 2020 Child Youth Policy Training Handout
- Sample - Medical Release and Permission Form
- Annual Review and Renewal Form - Due to the District Office by March 31 each year. Should the policy undergo major revisions, submit a complete copy to the district office.
- Child Youth Policy Word Template
Background checks need to include:
National Criminal Background Search
National Sex Offender Search
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Search (New Florida legislation has implemented a $24.00 fee per each name checked)
The conference has a preferred rate with ScreeningOne. The contact there is Paul Craddock: 888-327-6511, ext. 70646/Paul.Craddock@screeningone.com.
EQUIP Master Class Series
- 2018 Master Class - Preaching
- 2018 Master Class - Special Services
- 2018 Master Class - Using Videos/Props
- 2018 Master Class - Worship Design
- 2019 - SPRC Training Presentation
- 2019 Church Staff Salary Guide by PushPay
- 2020 Book of Discipline - Pending publication until after General Conference, May 2020
- Calendar of Reports Due - 2020
- Coming Off The Tracks: Identifying and Avoiding Derailing Behaviors
- Labor Law Poster Information
- Lewis Center - Clergy Evaluation Resources
- Guidelines for Managing Records in the Local Church
- Sample Employee Handbook for Churches
- Spiritual Gifts Survey
- SPRC Sample Covenant
- Sample Job Descriptions - Email the district office for samples - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Appointment Making Process by Bishop Carter
For additional training in Finance, Trustees, Nominations, Church Council etc., we encourage you to recommend the webinars that the General Board of Discipleship has produced. Each team can watch them together and it will save folks from having to travel.
Those webinars can be accessed here: http://www.umcdiscipleship.org/leadership-resources/archived-webinars. You can also find additional training resources on the Conference website.