We will be adding resources to this list but if there is something in particular you are looking for, please email our office and we will do our best to add it to our Resource List. Please feel free to share these resources with others in your congregation.
CHILD/YOUTH POLICY TRAINING MATERIALS
- 2020 Child Youth Policy Training Presentation
- 2020 Child Youth Policy Training Handout
- Sample - Medical Release and Permission Form
- Annual Review and Renewal Form - Due to the District Office by March 31 each year. Should the policy undergo major revisions, submit a complete copy to the district office.
- Child Youth Policy Word Template
Background checks need to include:
National Criminal Background Search
National Sex Offender Search
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Search (New Florida legislation has implemented a $24.00 fee per each name checked)
The conference has a preferred rate with ScreeningOne. The contact there is Paul Craddock: 888-327-6511, ext. 70646/Paul.Craddock@screeningone.com.
EQUIP Master Class Series
- 2018 Master Class - Preaching
- 2018 Master Class - Special Services
- 2018 Master Class - Using Videos/Props
- 2018 Master Class - Worship Design
- 2021 - Finance Training Presentation
- 2021 - Trustees Training Presentation
- 2019 Finance Training Presentation
- 2019 Trustees Training Presentation
INTENTIONAL DISCIPLESHIP PATH TRAINING - 2021
PART 1 WORKSHOP
- LEARN KEY ELEMENTS OF A DISCIPLESHIP PATHWAY
- DEVELOP PLAN FOR CREATING A CUSTOMIZED PATHWAY THAT FITS THE NEEDS OF YOUR CHURCH
- SEE EXAMPLES FROM OTHER CONGREGATIONS
- GET TIME IN BREAKOUT GROUPS TO DISCUSS & BUILD A FIRST DRAFT OF YOUR PLAN
- Link to March 20 recording - https://zoom.us/rec/share/nvVzX2ZdNuBlBp8cRqisMAZIO8-K6Zfo6f1MEiN3FxqWImPeIhF5EHedWTrUA6Jh.jsz5_I0OGQbul-SG Passcode: azCWi*3& (Please note that when you cut and paste the password into the browser, it may want to add an extra space in the password. If that happens, you will need to be sure that is deleted in order to see the recording, or you can type in the password without cutting and pasting.)
- Link to slides - https://florida-email.brtapp.com/files/district+common/red+buttons/discipleship+pathways+fl+ne+s1+march2021.pdf
- Handouts from March 20 workshop - handout #1 & handout #2
PART 2 WORKSHOP
- LEARN HOW TO GET UNSTUCK & TAKE ACTION ON YOUR PATHWAY
- GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED ABOUT COMMON CHALLENGES IMPLEMENTING PATHWAYS.
- SEE MORE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF PROCESSES YOU CAN ADAPT TO YOUR MINISTRY SETTING.
- LEARN HOW TO TAKE SHARED OWNEERSHIP OF DISCIPLESHIP SO IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT ONE PERSON.
- Link to May 8 recording - https://zoom.us/rec/share/YshkVVY0C8ux3fhT3JZGSVR7s91cICjqrzp-7sqEkp-Pl_aRatdxKETUPIpwWa3q.F8MZB4Mb7cy3hrFn Passcode: pJR6.K8 (Please note that when you cut and paste the password into the browser, it may want to add an extra space in the password. If that happens, you will need to be sure that is deleted in order to see the recording, or you can type in the password without cutting and pasting.)
- Link to slides - https://florida-email.brtapp.com/files/district+common/red+buttons/discipleship+pathways+s2+may2021.pdf
- Handout from May 8 workshop - handout #1.
- Rule of Life SAMPLE Worksheet
- Spiritual Formation Retreat Presentation
- Spiritual Maturity Assessment
- Book: Mansions of the Heart: Exploring the Seven Stages of Spiritual Growth
- Book - The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict
- Book - Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
- 2021 - SPRC Training Presentation
- 2020 SPRC Training Webinar
- 2020 SPRC Training Presentation
- 2019 Church Staff Salary Guide by PushPay
- 2020 Book of Discipline - Pending publication until after General Conference, September 2021. Continue to use the 2016 version.
- Calendar of Reports Due - 2020
- Coming Off The Tracks: Identifying and Avoiding Derailing Behaviors
- Labor Law Poster Information
- Lewis Center - Clergy Evaluation Resources
- Guidelines for Managing Records in the Local Church
- Sample Employee Handbook for Churches
- Spiritual Gifts Survey
- SPRC Sample Covenant
- The Appointment Making Process by Bishop Carter
For additional training in Finance, Trustees, Nominations, Church Council etc., we encourage you to recommend the webinars that the General Board of Discipleship has produced. Each team can watch them together and it will save folks from having to travel.
Those webinars can be accessed here: http://www.umcdiscipleship.org/leadership-resources/archived-webinars. You can also find additional training resources on the Conference website.