UMCOR Sunday, March 31, supports disaster response
March 08, 2019
UMCOR Sunday (formerly One Great Hour of Sharing) is traditionally recognized on the fourth Sunday of Lent, which is March 31 this year
As part of your congregation’s time of spiritual reflection and preparation, consider ways that small groups can engage in fundraising to prepare an offering for UMCOR Sunday. This offering is important because it covers the administrative needs of the organization so that when an emergency occurs, 100 percent of disaster-response donations are directed to where they are most needed.
We encourage you to meet with small groups and share the importance of UMCOR Sunday. Show them this presentation
about the wonderful work that UMCOR does on behalf of The United Methodist Church.
If you have not already explored the Leaders’ Kit
, please do so. In it, you will find valuable resources to engage your congregation fully in this special offering on UMCOR Sunday.
- Florida churches raise over $1.5 million for Michael relief
- One year in: Hurricane Irma recovery needs volunteers
- Florida focuses on Hurricane Michael for Giving Tuesday, Nov. 27
- Gift will match up to $500,000 in Hurricane Michael donations
- Hurricane Michael special collection
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer
to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.