UMC sexual ethics resources are available
January 29, 2019
The UMC believes sexual misconduct within ministerial relationships represents an exploitation of power and is a betrayal of sacred trust. The UMC defines sexual misconduct as a continuum of behaviors that includes sexual harassment, which is the creation of a hostile or abusive working environment resulting from discrimination on the basis of gender (2012 Book of Resolutions ¶2044). The General Commission on the Status and Role of Women (click here
) in The United Methodist Church provides resources for those who believe they have experienced sexual misconduct. Click here
for the UM Sexual Ethics website.
for a UMC Sexual Ethics flyer that provides clear instructions on how to report any sexual misconduct. If you need information about who your district superintendent is and how to contact him or her, click here
GCSRW also provides a #MeToo Toolkit. Click here
to access the toolkit.
- May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- United Methodists lobby at Florida Advocacy Days
- Southwest district tackles root causes of homelessness
- Black History Month: Honoring Black Methodists' history
- Making the ‘Dream’ a reality: the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer
to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.