Seven Ways to Pray for Cuba in This Present MomentSocial Justice
Scripture Reading: Psalm 51
1. Pray for freedom, peace and justice for the people of Cuba.
2. Pray for an end to the violent repression against those engaged in peaceful protest.
3. Pray for an end to illegal arrests that lead to the disappearance of persons and separation of families.
4. Pray for the youth of Cuba.
5. Pray for gifts and supplies (especially medicines) being channeled to Cuba, that they would reach those in need.
6. Pray for Bishop Pereira and the Methodist Church in Cuba, and for our partnership with them.
7. Pray for Cuban Americans, the diaspora, who are also suffering and who live in separation from family members.
*This prayer comes through listening to respected church leaders of Cuban heritage in the Florida Conference. For further reflection see the Book of Discipline, 164.A, Basic Freedoms and Human Rights.
- Freedom is the Right Thing (Seed), at the Right Time
- Rev. Dr. Candace Lewis answers the need: Here I am, Lord. Send me.
- A Prayer for Atlanta and our Asian-American Neighbors
- Black United Methodists want changes
- A Call to Action for The United Methodist Church in Times of Challenge