Resources for churches responding to Hurricane DorianDisaster Recovery
To All Churches:
Though a diminishing few variables are still at play with the forecasting for Hurricane Dorian, it appears inevitable that the storm will affect some, if not most, of the state of Florida.
Dorian is expected to become a major hurricane (indicated by winds speeds greater than 110 MPH) on Friday and is expected to remain an “extremely dangerous hurricane”, according to the National Hurricane Center, throughout the weekend.
CLAIM REPORTING NUMBER:
Our Third Party Administrator, The Johns Eastern Company, has set up the above number as a special catastrophe reporting number just for the Florida Conference.
Claims will be prioritized by the Johns Eastern catastrophe response unit based upon the extent of damage and an adjuster will be dispatched to your location as soon as possible.
DAMAGE MITIGATION/TEMPORARY REPAIRS:
If your church is damaged by the storm, please take all necessary measures to mitigate further damage to your facility. Please note that you do not have to wait for the field adjuster to arrive at your location to dry out your facility or to make temporary repairs. Keep all receipts for any temporary repairs and take photographs or video all damage and have this documentation available for the adjuster when they arrive.
SPECIAL SERVICE ENHANCEMENT:
In addition to our partners at Johns Eastern, we have engaged the Aon Global Rapid Response team to aid in the timely processing of our claims.
The Aon Rapid Response experts will arrive at the hardest hit areas within 48-72 hours after landfall of the storm in coordination with Ministry Protection, and will:
- Immediately evaluate the extent of property damage
- Provide recommendations on temporary repairs and remediation to preserve and protect the property
- Offer technical support for business continuity
- Establish a good claim foundation for expedited loss recovery
- Coordinate and help manage emergency resources, remediation, restoration, vendors, and environmental specialists
- Help establish timelines, target dates, ownership of issues and accountability
- Various other service areas and expertise that should prove beneficial to our churches
These experts are an extension of our insurance broker, Aon Risk Services of Florida, and should not be confused with public adjusters, who may offer similar services for fee (upwards of 20-30% of your claim).
FURTHER INFORMATION AND RESOURCES:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ - National Hurricane Center
Comprehensive pre-storm preparation booklet
Hurricane preparedness quick checklist
Hurricane Response and claim information
If you have questions or need further information, please contact us at 800-282-8011 x.126
Department for Ministry Protection
Florida Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
- The Work of Disaster Recovery Photo Essay
- Especially now, preparation is vital in hurricane season
- Hurricane Irma recovery efforts winding down
- Irma recovery: homes to be dedicated in Spanish
- Helping Hurricane Dorian survivors
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.