Installing new doors for a hurricane-damaged churchDisaster Recovery
June 21, 2018
In April a team of skilled volunteers from First United Methodist Church in Land O'Lakes responded to disaster recovery needs in the Florida Keys. The team brought tools and construction know-how to Big Pine Key UMC where they installed new doors in the church facilities. Through connections like these, volunteers across Florida are setting examples of grace, proving that we are stronger when we are on mission together. Join thousands of others in supporting people in recovery from Hurricane Irma through Florida Restores.
Click on a photo for a closer look.
- Being prepared is the best defense as hurricane season begins
- Edgewater UMC praised God through the storm with its lips and actions
- "We are bound together, we are brothers and sisters in Christ"
- Even in the midst of a disaster, Florida United Methodists still focus on serving
- "I knew at that point I had to do this myself.”