Mother of Methodism: Susanna WesleyCommentary Denominational News
She never preached a sermon, published a book, or founded a church, yet Susanna Wesley is known as the Mother of Methodism. The example of faith and religious reverence she set for her children John and Charles inspired them to become powerful spiritual leaders, and to launch the Methodist movement.
Read full transcript.
Historians from the General Commission on Archives and History offer this information about Susanna Wesley.
This video was produced by United Methodist Communications in Nashville, TN.
Media contact is Fran Walsh, 615-742-5458.
- Sobering racial statistics on healthcare demand systemic resolution
- We Must Fight The Good Fight For Our Environment
- Council of Bishops focuses on “justice, reconciliation, and healing.”
- Fifteen ways to pray for your pastor
- UMW retreat celebrates 150-year legacy
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.