Mother of Methodism: Susanna WesleyCommentary Denominational News
She never preached a sermon, published a book, or founded a church, yet Susanna Wesley is known as the Mother of Methodism. The example of faith and religious reverence she set for her children John and Charles inspired them to become powerful spiritual leaders, and to launch the Methodist movement.
Read full transcript.
Historians from the General Commission on Archives and History offer this information about Susanna Wesley.
This video was produced by United Methodist Communications in Nashville, TN.
Media contact is Fran Walsh, 615-742-5458.
- A Call for Justice and Action in "Celebration" of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Loving God, Loving Our Neighbor and Rendering to Caesar
- What is the role of our faith in public life?
- We've Come This Far By Faith
- Sobering racial statistics on healthcare demand systemic resolution