Mother of Methodism: Susanna WesleyCommentary Denominational News
She never preached a sermon, published a book, or founded a church, yet Susanna Wesley is known as the Mother of Methodism. The example of faith and religious reverence she set for her children John and Charles inspired them to become powerful spiritual leaders, and to launch the Methodist movement.
Read full transcript.
Historians from the General Commission on Archives and History offer this information about Susanna Wesley.
This video was produced by United Methodist Communications in Nashville, TN.
Media contact is Fran Walsh, 615-742-5458.
- United Methodists react to Chauvin verdict
- Bishops cancel General Conference scheduled for May 8
- Clergy care a priority in pandemic year
- Planned new denomination gets name
- Commentary: The Christmas Star can bring light into our darkness