May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
April 12, 2019
The history of North America is shaped by the stories of immigrants from Asia and the Pacific and the native people of the Pacific Islands, and May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
The Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum join in paying tribute to the generations of Asian and Pacific Islanders who have enriched America’s history and are instrumental in its future success. Click here
for information and resources.
The United Methodist Church also provides resources to observe and celebrate this May. Click here
to access hymns, songs, prayers and liturgy for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
Note: Photo of woodblock print "Hawaiian Fisherman" by Charles W. Bartlett is in the public domain.
- Feeding Tampa Bay ministry blesses all
- Riverside members’ homes bring ministry to community
- ‘On Mission Together’ unites divergent churches in ministry
- Innovation creates an autism-friendly service for children
- Miami Lakes youth mission: the Holy Spirit in action
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer
to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.