Lockmiller grant applications due March 15
February 22, 2016
By Florida Conference Staff | FLUMC.org
LAKELAND – The Florida Conference is accepting applications for grants of up to $2,000 each for local church ministries that target children and hunger.
Applications are due March 15. Click here
Up to $25,000 is awarded annually for churches that help keep children fed, preferably with an education component as well. The awards are among legacies of Alice W. Lockmiller, a lifelong Methodist and philanthropist who died in 2007.
A committee organized by the Florida Conference Missional Engagement office will review applications according to established criteria and notify churches approved for grants in time for funding of summer programs.
to see a report on programs that have been funded in the past.
- Bishop Carter announces full-time appointment changes
- Camping Sunday is Feb. 24
- LEC renovating to meet future expectations
- Florida churches raise over $1.5 million for Michael relief
- Bishop Carter announces Cabinet changes for the Florida Conference
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer
to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.