Lockmiller grant applications due March 15
February 22, 2016
By Florida Conference Staff | FLUMC.org
LAKELAND – The Florida Conference is accepting applications for grants of up to $2,000 each for local church ministries that target children and hunger.
Applications are due March 15. Click here
Up to $25,000 is awarded annually for churches that help keep children fed, preferably with an education component as well. The awards are among legacies of Alice W. Lockmiller, a lifelong Methodist and philanthropist who died in 2007.
A committee organized by the Florida Conference Missional Engagement office will review applications according to established criteria and notify churches approved for grants in time for funding of summer programs.
to see a report on programs that have been funded in the past.
- Mosaic provides Brevard’s first cold-weather shelter
- 2020 delegate self-nomination process opens Sept. 28
- Young People’s Convocation unites in praise, worship
- Bishop Carter's regional gatherings will be livestreamed
- Join Bishop Carter at one of four regional gatherings
Donate here to the Florida Conference Hurricane Irma Fund
to help churches and the neighborhoods that surround them.
to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.