Florida needs volunteers now!Missions and Outreach
September 21, 2017
We need volunteers! Contact our call center at 855-CAT-FUMC (855-228-3862), or click here to complete the online volunteer registration form.
The response of our churches across the conference to Hurricane Irma's devastation has been miraculous. As we become aware of the scope of work going forward, many persons want to help with relief and recovery efforts.
How to volunteer
Volunteers will be needed for team coordination, logistics, call center staffing, work teams and in their local communities connecting to survivors.
If you would like to help, contact our call center at 855-CAT-FUMC (855-228-3862), or click here to complete the online volunteer registration form. Someone on our Disaster Recovery Ministry team will follow up with you as soon as possible.
For more information, click here to visit the Disaster Recovery Ministry web page. Information on the page will be updated as we receive new information, so check back often to find the latest on volunteer opportunities and relief and recovery news.
Hurricane season information and resources
We remind you of pertinent information and resources related to the hurricane season.
NEW: CLAIM FORM ONLINE: https://flumc1.wufoo.com/forms/z1u5scr20eem7r1/
- http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ - National Hurricane Center
- Florida Conference – Ministry Protection
- Florida Conference – Disaster Recovery
- Comprehensive pre-storm preparation booklet
- Hurricane preparedness quick checklist
- Hurricane response and claim information
Claim reporting number:
If we have damage from storms, those claims will be handled by a professional adjusting company that specializes in catastrophe claims. Claims will be prioritized by the catastrophe response unit based upon the extent of damage, and an adjuster will be dispatched to your location as soon as possible.
Click here for more information on claims and damage repairs.
- Florida Conference churches respond to their neighborhood food shortages
- Zoe Empowers: A Christian response to a humanitarian crisis
- Korean church kicks drive-thru food pantry into high gear during COVID-19
- On a global mission to make a difference where it's needed most
- A willing spirit of volunteerism inspires Hope For Tampa
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.