Kindness of neighbors: Hurricane recovery in Pahokee
August 02, 2018
The residents of Pahokee, Florida, saw firsthand the destruction caused by the devastating rains and winds of Hurricane Irma
that came blasting through their neighborhoods at the end of the 2017 hurricane season. But, they've also been blessed with the friendship and compassion of disaster recovery mission teams like the one from First Lakeland
who came to serve in March, and the First Hartselle
team hailing from Alabama. See highlights from their mission work below.
Click on a photo for a closer look.
- 'Hands and feet of Jesus' tackle Irma damage
- Irma campus-based recovery team ‘loves out loud’
- Summer camp at Warren Willis: playing and praying
- Installing new doors for a hurricane-damaged church
- Where there is Irma misery, there is ministry opportunity
Donate here to the Florida Conference Hurricane Irma Fund
to help churches and the neighborhoods that surround them.
to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.