God's gift of the earth: A photo prayerCommentary Conference News Missions and Outreach
The world marks Earth Day each April 22. This video features stunning images of Nature along with the beautiful words of a prayer written by United Methodist Bishop Ken Carter when he was a pastor in North Carolina.
All United Methodists are called to be good stewards of the planet. One of our Social Principles about the Natural World explains: “All creation is the Lord’s, and we are responsible for the ways in which we use and abuse it. Water, air, soil, minerals, energy resources, plants, animal life, and space are to be valued and conserved because they are God’s creation and not solely because they are useful to human beings.”
You are encouraged to use this video for personal reflection and also download and share it with others. Would work well at church services or Sunday school as an inspiration too.
This video was produced by United Methodist Communications in Nashville, TN.
This video was first posted in April, 2015.
- Threat to withhold apportionments violates John Wesley's "Do No Harm" rule
- Florida Conference helped many small churches bridge the technology gap
- "There was a desire ... for people to increase their understanding of the Bible"
- As the UMC looks for a way forward, it's all about a mission beyond the walls
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Disaffiliation lawsuits