Fresh Expressions video competition launchedAnnouncements Church Vitality Fresh Expressions Missions and Outreach
Enter the Fresh Expressions video competition for a chance to win $1,000. You don't have to be a professional videographer to participate in the contest. All you need is a smartphone and a video editing app. There are plenty of apps available for free online.
"We decided to have a contest with incentives," said Janet Earls, Director of Congregational Vitality and Fresh Expressions steering committee member. "I believe contests are good for stimulating creativity, a little competitiveness and inspiring others. We look forward to the results and sharing at Annual Conference."
Fresh Expressions pioneers Revs. Kevin Griffin and Ben Collins put together a quick informational video using nothing but an iPhone to show how easy it is to make a submission. Check it out!
Griffin had more to say on why participation will be so important: "I think that the stories of our current Fresh Expressions will inspire even more churches and clergy in the Florida Annual Conference to get involved in the movement, after they see how simple it is to launch a Fresh Expression in their neighborhood with the potential to reach people who would never otherwise attend a worship service."
So, why enter the competition? Because you could:
- Win $1,000 to bolster your Fresh Expression to the next level
- Show off your ministry at Annual Conference or the separate streaming event
- Inspire others to start their own Fresh Expressions
Email your video entry to email@example.com by June 1.
- Finding light in the darkness of 9/11
- Disaster Recovery Updates
- "You absolutely could feel Jesus in the room"
- Foundation awards $100,000 grant to address college mental health crisis
- Big Pine UMC uses Hearts, Hammers & Hands to help its community