Florida churches raise over $1.5 million for Michael reliefConference News Disaster Recovery Photo Essays
Inspired by a matching funds challenge of $500,000 from First UMC Ormond Beach, Florida Conference churches raised over $1 million for Hurricane Michael relief for the Alabama West Florida Conference. A total of $1,533,096 was donated to their recovery.
Bishop David Graves of the Alabama West Florida Conference said the money will ease suffering so many continue to endure after the hurricane.
“I extend my deepest gratitude to each person who made financial donations on our behalf,” he said. “Please know how much I appreciate each of you. You have shown what it is to be not only be United Methodists, but also the hands and feet of Christ.”
“First United is honored to be on mission together with you in helping our neighbors in the Panhandle discover hope,” Pastor Scott Smith of FUMC Ormond Beach said. “When we come together and unite in a common effort, great things happen for the Kingdom.”
Below are photos of some of the massive destruction suffered by our brother and sisters in the Alabama West Florida Conference.
Click on a photo for a closer look.
- United Methodists lead with their hearts in Miami disaster relief effort
- Bishop Carter announces fixing of appointments
- Bishop Carter Announces the Projection of Two New District Superintendents
- Craig Smelser elected Florida Conference Treasurer
- Opening day of Annual Conference brings challenges, hope, and news