Black History Month resources availableConference News Leadership
In celebration of Black History Month, United Methodist Communications (UMCOM) has provided resources, which can be accessed here. Highlighted resources below start with a new video of James Lawson's reflections on the nonviolence movement, civil rights and Martin Luther King, Jr. (Video courtesy UMCOM.) Churches and community members that would like to share what they are celebrating during Black History Month are encouraged to post the details in the comments section below.
As part of this interview, Rev. Lawson shared more details about what inspired him to befriend the man accused of killing MLK. Watch video.
Also, hear stories of other United Methodists who shared MLK's dream.
Encore: Methodist History: Bishop fought slavery
Encore: Tindley Temple
Walking with King Series
Selma (talk of MLK, anniversary of Selma march is March 9)
Timeline in black and white
Part of history, African-American spirituals still heal
- Bishop Carter recommends no public worship through the end of March
- Bishop Carter announces Cabinet changes
- A statement from the Appointive Cabinet of the Florida Conference
- Geraldine McClellan’s call to ministry was stronger than obstacles she faced
- Making Disciples for the Transformation of the World
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.