Bishop Carter’s first podcast highlights current eventsAnnouncements Conference News
Bishop Ken Carter today inaugurated a series of podcasts with a summary of important news and events for the week of Jan.18 and what is on his agenda for the week of Jan. 25.
“This is a wonderful communications channel for Bishop Carter to share his insights about topics from appointments to General Conference to Annual Conference, as well as updating us on important events,” said Gretchen Hastings, director of communications for the Florida Conference.
Click play to listen to the podcast!
- The Board of Ordained Ministry met this week to interview candidates for ordination as deacons and elders during the 2016 Annual Conference in Orlando.
- The Florida Cabinet attended the Southeastern Jurisdiction cabinet consultation at St. Simons Island, Georgia, in meetings that included cabinet members from across the jurisdiction.
- It has been reported that three Florida United Methodist congregations are among the fastest growing in the United States: Community of Hope in the Atlantic Central District; Anona UMC in the Gulf Central District, and New Covenant in the Villages, North Central District.
- Bishop Carter will begin a pilgrimage to the Holy Land next week with clergy who have been newly ordained in the past three years. This experience will add immeasurably to the teaching and preaching of clergy in their early years, according to Bishop Carter.
- 2020 Annual Conference will be virtual-only event
- COVID-19 forces churches to grapple about how to continue worship
- In-person worship optional after June 15
- Annual Conference set for Sept. 19 at First Lakeland UMC
- Bishop Ken Carter's assignment to Florida is extended
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.