Bishop Carter Announces Mid-Year MovesAnnouncements Conference News
Bishop Ken Carter and the appointive cabinet of the Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church, in consultation with the clergy and authorized lay leaders of the local churches, announce full-time appointment changes below, to take effect January 1, 2021.
This act of ministry is in fulfillment of paragraphs 337-338 of The Book of Discipline (2016). For a reflection on the core values employed in the process of clergy appointments to churches, click here.
"Let us lift these clergy, their families and the local churches in prayer, in the hope that we will more fully participate in our mission—“to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” (The Book of Discipline, 120).
Atlantic Central District
Indian River City, Titusville – Jerry F. Milner RE interim
East Central District
Asbury, Maitland – Christopher M. Jones FE
Community of Faith, Davenport – TBD
First, Mt. Dora – David T. Averill FE
First, Williston – TBD
St. John’s, Winter Haven – Daniel Bennett FE
Gulf Central District
Palm Harbor – Keith Harcombe PE
South West District
Trinity, Bradenton – Dan G. Johnson RE interim (effective December 1st)
- Bishop Carter announces fixing of appointments
- Bishop Carter Announces the Projection of Two New District Superintendents
- Craig Smelser elected Florida Conference Treasurer
- Opening day of Annual Conference brings challenges, hope, and news
- FLUMC to establish Rev. Geraldine Williams-McClellan Scholarship at Gammon Seminary