Bishop Carter announces full-time appointment changes
April 28, 2019
Bishop Ken Carter and the appointive cabinet of the Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church, in consultation with the clergy and authorized lay leaders of the local churches, announce full-time appointment changes, to take effect July 1, 2019. Click here
for the list, organized by districts.
This act of ministry is in fulfillment of paragraphs 337-338 of The Book of Discipline
(2016). For a reflection on the core values employed in the process of clergy appointments to churches, click here.
"Let us lift these clergy, their families and the local churches in prayer, in the hope that we will more fully participate in our mission—“to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” (The Book of Discipline, 120
Editor's note: To listen to a podcast about appointments by Bishop Ken Carter and Southeast District Superintendent Cynthia Weems click on these links: Apple
- Cornerstone dares to happen so many can dream
- New leader carries torch for Archives and History ministry
- A Call to Discipleship: Living as Disciples of a Non-Violent Lord in a Time of Violence
- Two fall gatherings with Bishop Carter are slated
- Camping Sunday is Feb. 24
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer
to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.