Photo contest voting opens Monday, Nov. 19
Voting for the finalists in “Actions Speak Louder,” the Florida Conference’s first photo contest, begins on Monday, Nov. 19, and ends Dec. 3. Photographers could win a video production package for their church.
"Whether it's in-between football games, during halftimes, between Thanksgiving dinner courses or any old time, we encourage our photographers to get out the vote for their entry,” said Gretchen Hastings, conference director of Connectional Relations. “The three finalists in the two categories will be determined by voting, so your friends and supporters really can increase your chances of winning.”
To vote, visit the Conference Facebook page and click on the Vote button. Voting is open to anyone 12 and older, and each voter may vote once a day, she added.
There will one winner in these two categories:
• Churches with an average weekly attendance of 125 or less;
• Churches with an average weekly attendance of over 125.
The winner in each of the categories will be selected by judges.
The conference will donate to the winners’ churches a video package that includes:
• Toshiba Camileo X200 HD 1080p Camcorder
• 2 - Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Polaroid
• 72" Photo / Video ProPod Tripod W/Carrying Case
• NEWER CN-160 Dimmable LED Video Light
• Azden WMS-PRO Wireless Microphone System Audio-Technical
• PRO24CM Stereo Microphone with Camera Mount.
(Note: Contest rules allow one entry per contestant. If a contestant submits more than one photo, the Conference will default to the photo submitted first.)
Hurricane Irma - Hurricane Michael recovery: Volunteer to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.