Last day for the photo contest
“Actions Speak Louder,” the Florida Conference’s first photo contest, ends today. Photographers could win a video production package for their church.
“The contest subject category is community outreach and service,” said Gretchen Hastings, conference director of connectional relations. “We want our local churches to show how they are making a difference in their communities.”
Click here for complete details and contest rules.
Photographers will submit entries through the conference Facebook photo contest app, which will go live Oct. 15 on the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/FloridaUMC). Photographers 12 and older are eligible.
Contestants and the winners must be members of or regularly attend a Florida Conference United Methodist Church. There will one winner in these two categories:
- Churches with an average weekly attendance of 125 or less;
- Churches with an average weekly attendance of over 125.
When the submissions close on Nov. 15, voting to select finalists will be open from Nov. 19 to Dec. 3. “Three finalists in each category will be determined by voting, so we encourage contestants to ask their friends to vote for their photo,” Hastings said.
The conference will donate to the winners’ churches a video package that includes:
- Toshiba Camileo X200 HD 1080p Camcorder
- 2 - Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Polaroid
- 72" Photo / Video ProPod Tripod W/Carrying Case
- NEWER CN-160 Dimmable LED Video Light
- Azden WMS-PRO Wireless Microphone System Audio-Technical
- PRO24CM Stereo Microphone with Camera Mount.
"We hope that our winners will produce video stories about their church’s ministries and share them with the rest of the conference on our video channel, WhatAreUmcDoing," Hastings added.