Bishop announces full-time appointment changes
April 20, 2015
Bishop Kenneth H. Carter, Jr. and the appointive cabinet of the Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church, in consultation with the clergy and authorized lay leaders of the local churches, announce full-time appointment changes, to take effect July 1, 2015. Click here for the list, organized by districts.
This act of ministry is in fulfillment of paragraphs 425-429 of The Book of Discipline (2012).
For a reflection on the core values employed in the process of clergy appointments to churches, click here. (Originally published during appointment season in 2014.)
"Let us lift these clergy, their families and the local churches in prayer, in the hope that we will more fully participate in the mission of God," said Bishop Carter.
- Bishop Carter Announces Mid-Year Moves
- Council urges no new US bishops for 4 years
- Craig Smelser recommended to be next Florida Conference Treasurer
- New director takes helm of Conference young adult mission ministry
- 2020 Annual Conference will be virtual-only event