The McMurray Award Scholarship is a private scholarship fund that will be given to a college student who is a member of a United Methodist church in the Florida Conference. United Methodist churches are invited to nominate one student (no more) for the McMurray Award Scholarship. The student must meet the criteria given below.
- Be an active full-time member of a local United Methodist Church for at least one year prior to the date of application.
- Be nominated by a local church through its pastor or the chairperson of Higher Education & Campus Ministry (or campus ministry liaison).
- Have at least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. Incoming freshman must have a grade average of B (3.0) or better at the end of the next to the last semester in high school. Students already attending college must have a grade average of B (3.0) or better for the year preceding the award.
- Demonstrate commitment to the local church and an interest in serving others in the community.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a US citizen.
Those who have already received one of these scholarships may not apply again.
McMurray Award Scholarship Application may be downloaded:
http://flumc.s3.amazonaws.com/D01E15D87987403A9BF31660BF50B2FD_McMurray Scholarship Info and App.pdf
Or you may request an application from:
450 Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave,
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 Ext.132
The application, with transcripts and nomination forms must be returned to the Conference office (address above) no later than May 30.