The committee provides assistance to churches in complying with the Book of Discipline requirements for those preparing to:
Buy or sell buildings or property.
Enter into a construction contract.
Enter into or renew a lease.
The board reviews proposals and makes suggestions as required.
- Book of Discipline – Annual Conference and District Property
- Book of Discipline – Local Church Property
- Construction – Typical Questions
- Lease Approval – Typical Questions
- Lease Template
- Proposal Requirements – Lease
- Proposal Requirements – Loans
- Proposal Requirements – New Construction, Site Purchase or Remodeling
- Proposal Requirements – Sale, Transfer or Purchase
- Typical Questions asked by the Board for Sale or Purchase Approval
Requests should be emailed to the committee chair Steve Painter.
Durwood Foshee, District Superintendent
Steve Painter, Chair - River of Life UMC, Jacksonville
Jennifer Ahrens-Sims - Asbury UMC, Orange Park
Jordan Baker - New Life Community UMC, Jacksonville
Charlie Charles - Memorial UMC, Fernandina Beach
Tiffany McCall - First UMC, Jacksonville
Ben Richards - San Marco UMC, Jacksonville
Jessica Scott - Memorial UMC, Fernandina Beach
Derrick Scott - Campus to City Wesley Foundation