The Florida Annual Conference Licensing School will be online, provided by our partnership with Emory University, Candler School of Theology. The required in-person hours of learning will be held via Zoom and a variety of Florida Conference clergy will assist with this portion of the education. This is a fully online 8-week program. For Spanish speakers, please see the information about Licensing School below.
Click Here for the Licensing School Requirements
Pre-requisites: All students must have approval from their District Superintendent to attend.
About Licensing School
Each Friday you will receive the week’s assignments which are due the following Friday. There will be four Zoom meetings which will be held on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm. (See dates below). The additional 4-hour component for you to meet with conference leaders and learn some things that are specific for serving in the Florida Annual Conference will be accomplished by your attendance at the Right Start event for new and moving clergy on May 25 from 9:30-4pm.
- Registration DEADLINE: April 1st, 2023
- Starts: April 21st, 2023
- Ends: June 16th, 2023
- Zoom Dates from 6:30pm-8pm: April 27th, 2023; May 11th, 2023; June 1st, 2023; June 15th, 2023 *
- Other: Right Start May 25th, 2023 via Zoom 9:30am-4pm*
* ATTENDANCE REQUIRED
Licensing School Cost
- $750 for Certified Candidates (or Local Pastors)
- $950 for others
- Internet access, computer/tablet, ability to record audio and video of yourself preaching
- Personal email address
- Required texts to be purchased at your own expense are found here
CLICK HERE for the 2023 Licensing School Application
Spanish Language Licensing School
Spanish Language Licensing School will be offered completely online this year, through the Hispanic/Latin@ Ministries Program at Perkins School of Theology. For more information, visit our website, or call 214-768-2265.
GBHEM Licensing School Information