Schools all across the state of Florida should have a mentoring program such as the New Covenant mentoring program. Students who have embraced the program have grown tremendously both academically and behaviorally. It is almost as though the students want to make their mentors proud. With this mindset, students will continue to excel with their mentors because of the dedication that the mentors show during each encounter. They go above and beyond the call of duty. They are not only concerned about their students during the school year, but they are interested in knowing how to help even through the summer. We are thankful for the mentoring program and so excited that it will continue year after year. Thank you New Covenant.
Dr. Diana Elysee, Assistant Principal of Wildwood Middle High School
- Elementary students are learning yoga in school-church partnership
- "Churches and schools partnering to work with at-risk kids"
- "Beyond the gift of education"
- "Churches pack kids off to school with pencils, paper, prayers"
- "Manatee school finds an angel in Oneco UMC"
- "Faith-based partnership can save lives, too"
- "Churches intentional about being school stakeholders"
- "School-church partnership produces anti-bullying program"
- "School-church partnership training set for Sept. 29"