The Florida Conference Refugee Ministry is recognized as an Advance Special Ministry. The purpose of this Ministry is to address the growing needs of the immigrant and refugee communities, to coordinate ministry and advocacy efforts on behalf of those communities, to educate persons on immigration issues, and to engage local congregations in advocacy around immigration issues.
You can support this ministry by:
- Praying daily for the ministry
- Contributing to its advance special #901520
- Supporting its missionary/Church and Community Worker through the Advance
- Volunteering at one of its immigration clinics through the Justice for Our Neighbors initiative
- Participating in the advocacy efforts on behalf of immigrant and refugees
- Funding the Refugee Ministry Conference Advance Special #773
Justice for Our Neighbors is a hospitality ministry that welcomes immigrants by providing affordable, high-quality immigration legal services to low-income immigrants, engaging in advocacy for immigrant rights, and offering education to communities of faith and to the public.
South Florida Justice for Our Neighbors offers free monthly immigration legal clinics in Miami. Clinics are usually held from 4:00PM - 7:00PM. Appointments are required. To learn more, schedule an appointment or find a volunteer opportunity, visit fljfon.org.
For more information you may contact:
Judith Pierre Okerson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the General Commission on Race and Religion website for more information immigration issues.