Fresh Expressions Field Trips
The North East District has numerous Fresh Expressions that are already in progress and have been for a while. If you are feeling God's call to this fun, exciting and sometimes crazy ministry called Fresh Expressions, then we suggest you take a Field Trip and check one or more out!
Below is a list of the current Fresh Expressions that we know of in our District. So pick a date, a location, check them out, and feel free to ask questions at the end. The person listed is the main contact person for each Expression and look forward to hearing from you and being able to share their Expression with you. Feel free to email them in advance so they know you will be attending.
- BREW THEOLOGY WITH TOM LEWIS (SAN MARCO UMC) email@example.com
- LOCATION – AARDWOLF BREWING COMPANY, 1461 Hendricks Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32207.
- DATES – 2ND AND 4TH TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH
- TIMES – 7-9 P.M.
- KAYAKING WITH JEFF AND ALEX (LONGLEAF CHURCH)
- August 24 - Bings Landing in Palm Coast 10-12 noon
- September 28 - Dutton Island (5-7 p.m.) SUNSET trip!
- October 19 - Palmetto Leaves on Julington Creek 10-12 noon
- November 16 - 6 mile Fish Camp 10 -12 noon
- December 7 - North Guana Outpost - 10-12 noon
- SOUP & SCRIPTURE WITH DAN SEARCH (FIRST UMC, CALLAHAN) firstname.lastname@example.org
- LOCATION – CONVIVA CARE CENTER, 449621 US-301 Suite 110, Callahan, FL 32011
- DATES – EVERY THURSDAY – 1-3 PM
- MARTHA’S TABLE WITH JANET WITHERS (SPRING GLEN UMC) email@example.com
- LOCATION - Spring Glen UMC, 6007 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216
- DATES – EVERY SATURDAY
- TIMES – 4:30 PM “soft start” (setting tables, putting food out.) 4:50 PM Circle Time – sharing praises, prayer requests, God Sightings, and then say Grace over the food. 5-5:10 PM Dinner is served. We have a meditation, communion and prayer – along with singing or some praise music on a CD.
- DINNER CHURCH WITH MARY JACKSON (GREATER BELL UMC) firstname.lastname@example.org
- LOCATION - Porter's Community Center, 512 SW 2nd Terrace, Gainesville, FL 32601
- DATES – EVERY WEDNESDAY
- TIMES – 6:3O PM
- TRAINING FOR PRAYER WARRIORS (LONGLEAF CHURCH) CHRIS MATHIS – LEAD – CCMATHIS29@GMAIL.COM https://www.facebook.com/groups/111518046207012/
- Meets once a month at Training For Warriors -Julington Creek/7:00 p.m. on a Tuesday
- Message, Prayer and discussion and then a workout led by Colin & Adam Woodmansee, owners of the gym
- DOGS + US! (Longleaf Church) Camille Wilson – Lead (email@example.com) https://www.facebook.com/events/576337969522187/
- Meets once a month on a Monday night
- Meets at dog parks in St. Johns County
- Prayer, Devotion and conversation as well as pets getting to know each other.
- CALVARY PRAYER WALKERS (Calvary UMC) Greg Grant – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meets one Sunday afternoon per month.
- Walks through a community. Meets neighbors. Provides prayer.
- FUN, FAMILY & FOOD WITH JOHN NEWBOLD (Howe Memorial UMC, Crescent City) email@example.com
- LOCATION - 252 S Summit St, Crescent City, FL 32112
- DATES – Wednesdays
- TIMES – 6-7:30 PM
- We start with a light meal which includes food children will eat. Then at 6:30 we have 15 minutes of singing with the younger children up front. We have a music teacher from a local school leading the music. Then we break up into various classes, from nursery to adults. We are using Adam Hamilton’s Unafraid material, which is like a VBS program; but has an adult component as well. It is a five week program; but we have turned it into a ten week program. We are in our fifth week. At first we had 25 people. This week we had 45, which included 20 young people. Next week we expect around 50. Most of those who are coming have no church. Of course we tell them, “You do now.” It is important to have some of our church members to sit with the new families so they don’t feel alone.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011