East Central District Lay Servant Weekend
All classes require a total of 10 hours attendance. Friday 5:00pm - 8:30pm and Saturday 8:00am - 4:00pm. The cost is $45 which covers materials and food. NOTE: Lay Servant certification expires after three years.
Select one of the six courses offered:
We now offer online registration!
- Basic LSM (English) with Lynn Campbell, Co-Director of ECD Lay Servant Ministries
- Basic LSM (Spanish) with Wilkins Rodriguez, Certified Lay Servant
- Discover Your Servant Profile (English) ♦ This spiritual Gifts, Personal Style and Ministry Passion Assessment course is designed to get the right people, in the right places, for the right reasons, at the right time in our local churches to help maximize their kingdom-building and serving potential. Led by Jim Boesch, Co-Director of ECD Lay Servant Ministries
- Shaping the Prayers of the People: The Art of Intercession (English) ♦ At once inspirational and practical, this book empowers and equips laypeople and clergy alike to offer heartfelt, informed, and appropriate prayers on behalf of the people of God. As Samuel Wells and Abigail Kocher say, "Interceding in public worship is a duty. This book is intended to make it a joy." Led by Rev. Kate Ling
- Desubriendo y Desplegando Nuestros Dones Espirituales (Spanish) ♦ Para utilizar personalmente o en grupos pequenos encuentra el lugar que te corresponde dentro del cuerpo de Cristo. Cuando conozcas y uses tus dones espirtuales, podras participar en el ministerio que Dios creo para ti personalmente. Sera un ministerio lleno de fruto y satisfaccion. Led by Rev. Dr. Leo Rodgriguez
- Conflict Resolution First-Responders (English) ♦ The church needs first responders - people who can help snuff out small flames of conflict before they have a chance to cause harm. This class will equip Lay Servants to intervene and help others through the conflict. Completion of the previous advanced class, Peace-making: Resolving Everyday conflict is helpful but not required. Led by Lennie Burke & Mike Mailman, Certified Lay Servants.
to register online and make a payment. NOTE: If you are taking the Basic Course, you will need to print a brochure to complete and have your pastor sign. The completed registration form should be emailed to Betty Sims firstname.lastname@example.org
to print a brochure to mail in with payment.
Donate here to the Florida Conference Hurricane Irma Fund
to help churches and the neighborhoods that surround them.
to bring yourself or a team to help with the recovery.
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011