The Florida Conference published an updated version of the Child and Youth Protection Policy in 2019. Since then, we have received numerous calls and emails about the policy changes.
The new policy has many changes in it that affect all the churches in the conference. Rev. Carrie Yoder, Memorial UMC, Fernandina Beach and Corey Markle, CrossRoad UMC, Jacksonville, will lead a training for church leaders on the policy overall as well as offer feedback for questions and concerns.
Those who should attend are:
- Youth Leader(s)
- Children's Ministry Leader(s)
- Anyone involved in leadership role of VBS
- Anyone involved in leadership role that has direct contact with children and youth
Because of the complexity of this policy, we are offering four different training opportunities within the District:
- January 7, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. @ St James UMC, 400 Reid St, Palatka, FL 32177 in the church basement.
- January 7, 2020, 7-9 p.m. @ Lakewood UMC, 6133 San Jose Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32217 in the CAC Dining Room.
- January 23, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. @ Yulee UMC, 86003 Christian Way, Yulee, FL 32097 in the fellowship hall.
- January 23, 2020, 7-9 p.m. @ Lake Shore UMC, 2246 Blanding Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32210 in the sanctuary.
This training is free to attend, but we ask that you register online so we can be sure we have enough handouts for everyone.