#BeUMC: Celebrating What it Means to Be a United Methodist in The Florida Conference
- WHEN: We will be holding a #BeUMC event on Saturday, April 30th from 10am-2pm.
- WHERE: St. Luke's United Methodist Church (4851 S. Apopka-Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819) and online
- WHY: While the conference district gatherings are to educate and inform people about the continuing UMC, this event is intended to inspire fellow Methodists as we aspire to be the United Methodist Church of the future. We hope to get others excited to BE UMC in the days, weeks, months and years to come!
- WHAT: We will gather together in worship and conversation to discuss and celebrate the future of the United Methodist Church here in the Florida Conference. We will begin by remembering our baptism and recalling the work that Jesus invites us into. We will then hear from a diverse group of individuals across the conference about where they see God at work in our church. These segments will be shown in a video format around 3 main questions. Once the videos have played, all gathered in person and virtually will have a chance to discuss and share in small groups for each video/question. We will share lunch together and also offer a time to discuss how we can best support each other to continue being the Church of the future. We will close our time together in a moment of Holy Communion.
- WHO: Everyone hoping to find a home in the UMC is welcome to join this event. We long for a church for all of God's people, and yet we recognize that we are still not perfect. We welcome anyone longing for the UMC to be more reflective of God's kingdom here on earth.
- HOW MUCH: Registration will be $10 per participant to cover the costs of food and facilities.