Fresh Expressions Studio
You’re invited to the Fresh Expressions (FX) Studio!Have you heard all about fresh expressions but don’t know where to start? Perhaps you have started some fresh expressions and are wondering what’s next? Or are you feeling stuck amid the pandemic? The FX Studio is for you. Download a PDF version of this information to share with your team. Be sure to register at the link below.
What is it?A “studio” is a generic term for the workroom of an artist and team of apprentices. It can be a space for collaborative architecture, painting, pottery, origami, woodworking, scrapbooking, music making, photography, film production, sermon preparation, and the list goes on.
FX Studios are incubators of collaborative missional mess making and a community of support for your team as you cultivate fresh expressions.
What’s the Purpose?1. The aim is to create and multiply new Christian communities (‘fresh expressions of church’) in a focused and structured way to make new disciples.
2. In the Studio your team will receive an integrated structure of support, tailored to your individual needs.
3. You will Connect, Collaborate, and Cultivate, with others who are focused on reaching new people, in new places, in new ways.
Each Studio is comprised primarily of these five elements.
What are the Benefits?
- A shared focus - Your team will focus on traveling through the ‘loving-first cycle’ at your own pace and in your own way (see diagram below).
- Self-paced discovery - Your team will be guided through using the free app, FX: Godsend (or the website version). Godsend contains frameworks, methodologies and stories that will help your team navigate each stage of the cycle. Get it here https://www.fxresourcing.org/godsend/share/. The same material is available on the FX Connect app https://fxconnectus.org/.
- Community of practice (the Gatherings) - The FX FL team will introduce major concepts and answer questions. Then gather in the Studios twice-yearly in a community of practice for planning, team and personal formation, and mutual support.
- Support via social media - Between Studio gatherings, teams will be provided free digital spaces on social media to encourage and support each other.
- Skype/Zoom-based coaching - If your team gets stuck or needs help not only will you be able to seek advice from other teams. But free coaching will be provided normally on Skype or Zoom, with experienced pioneers on the NCD FX Team.
So how do we get started?
- Download free Godsend App or access at www.fxresourcing.org/godsend/share/ or download FXConnect App https://fxconnectus.org/.
- Work through the five modules in the “overview” section.
- Get your team together and register for the first Studio gathering!
First Studio GatheringThe first Studio gathering will take place digitally by Zoom on Wednesday September 30, 2020 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Everything your team needs to do will be provided before you come!
The location is yet to be determined (physical or digital) but the date is Saturday, March 20, 2021.
Second Studio Gathering
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Beck: