EQUIP Leadership Event
The 2020 Training Event entitled EQUIP 2020 – Unstuck is on Saturday, February 29, 2020 @ Beach UMC, Jacksonville Beach. During this training event, we will have Tony Morgan from The Unstuck Group as our speaker. We will not be offering individual workshops during this event.
- 9-10 a.m. Doors Open/Check-In (please note later start time than in previous years.)
- 10 – 10:15 a.m. Welcome/Housekeeping
- 10:15 – 12:00 Session 1: Interruption & Assessment: Interruptions challenge us to pause and assess what’s happening, then build a plan to respond. Without interruption, every church has the potential to go through a very similar life cycle. In this session, Tony Morgan shares the seven phases of the typical church life cycle and helps you learn how to discover if your church is really stuck.
- 12:00 – 1:15 p.m. Lunch (Please note that we will only be serving turkey boxed lunches. You can select a vegetarian boxed lunch if needed.)
- 1:15 – 3 p.m. Session 2: Planning & Action: Where do churches most often get stuck? In this session, Tony digs deeper into two phases of the life cycle where churches tend to get stuck and offers practical frameworks and discussion around clarifying mission, vision and strategy, building a structure that reflects your strategy, and reducing complexity. You'll walk away with a clearer understanding of the next step God has for your church.
- 3 p.m. Final Q&A/Closing
Registration is now closed for this event. Please note the following:
- PARKING/CARPOOLING – Parking is always an ordeal at any event. But this event will be especially challenging. We recommend that you meet at your local church and carpool to the event from there in as few vehicles as possible. If you cannot meet at your church, try to meet at another location (say another UMC that is close to Jacksonville Beach.) We have churches in Neptune Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach and in Jacksonville near the Intracoastal Waterway. Let me know if you need help figuring out another location.
- CHECK-IN PROCEDURE – In order to check in almost 700 people efficiently, we will be doing things a little differently for this event. As we do for Super-Charged Conference, we are asking that each senior pastor check in their team. We recommend that you check in as a group. Meet your team outside of the church and then come inside. The senior pastor will then check in their team and they will receive a packet which will include name tags and handouts for their team.
- SEATING – We will not have tables and chairs available in the sanctuary. The event will be set up auditorium style with just chairs. We recommend you sit near your team. Consider not just sitting right next to each other but also in front and behind each other for ease of conversation throughout the event. Each chair will have a name tag holder and a pen on the seat. If you need additional materials to write on, we recommend you bring a small notebook. Due to space constraints, we do not recommend laptops.
- MORNING SNACKS/LUNCH – Due to the late start of the event and space constraints (we start promptly at 10 a.m.), morning snacks and coffee will be sparse. We recommend that you have a snack and coffee (or other beverage) prior to your arrival. When it is time for lunch, Beach UMC is planning to have tables and chairs set up in all available rooms in and around their campus. You will receive directions right before lunch on where to go. As always, there will be a special area set up for those with special lunches.
- NO WALK-INS – Please remember that due to space constraints (we are almost at max capacity), we cannot allow walk-ins. If your folks have not pre-registered, they will not be able to attend. Unfortunately, all walk-ins will be turned away. If you have someone on your registration list that cannot attend at the last minute and have a replacement for them, please let Pam know as soon as possible or no later than February 27 by close of business (4:30 p.m.) It is easier for Pam to print a new name tag from her office than make a new one at the event.
The District Office has ordered copies of the book - The Unstuck Church by Tony Morgan. This is the same book that your church Lay Leader received a copy of at Super-Charged Conference. You can purchase the book and either pick up at the office or reserve your copy to be picked up at the Leadership Event in 2020. Cost is $12.50 per book.
Order Now! https://florida-reg.brtapp.com/TheUnstuckChurchbookbyTonyMorgan2020
ABOUT TONY MORGAN - Tony is founder and chief strategic officer of The Unstuck Group. For 14 years, Tony served on the senior leadership teams at West Ridge Church in Dallas, Georgia, NewSpring Church in South Carolina, and Granger Community Church in Indiana. He's written several books, as well as articles that have been featured with the Willow Creek Association, Catalyst and Pastors.com. He writes about leadership regularly at tonymorganlive.com. His book, The Unstuck Church: Equipping Churches to Experience Sustained Health, is available from Thomas Nelson.