Missional Engagement/Disaster Recovery Administrative Assistant
Position Title: Missional Engagement/Disaster Recovery Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Dually: Director of Missional Engagement and Disaster Recovery Coordinator
Performs a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical and professional tasks to assist the Missional Engagement department and Disaster Recovery teams of the Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church. Individual prioritizes and plans work activities demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness as well as the ability to multi-task and establish priorities with excellent attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions by Area:
- Answer phones, receive guests to the department, maintain office supply stocks
- Meeting and training set-up
- Create online training registrations as needed
- Schedule rooms/venues for meetings and trainings
- Order food, set-up and clean-up meals
- Arrange hotel accommodations when necessary
- Website maintenance as needed – duties shared with remote Sr. Administrative Assistant
- Prepare check requests and review and process expense reports
- Compile and send out monthly department newsletter through Constant Contact
- Miscellaneous office tasks: printing, scanning, archiving, etc. and other tasks as needed
Young Adult Missional Movement
- Finance Administration
- Prepare client check requests
- Review and code staff expense and Concur reports
- Send thank you notes and letters as needed
- Fleet management
- Keep track of Disaster Recovery vehicles, i.e. trailers, trucks, etc.
- Maintain registration and insurance as needed
- Disaster trainings
- Create online training registrations, print materials, enter contacts into Risk Console, send material to UMCOR for badging
- Create correspondence to clients, team members, contractors and other organizations as needed
- Manage weekly correspondence and updates to team members and leaders
- Create and maintain a calendar with important dates including grant deadlines, quarterly trainings and staff meetings, conference events and meetings, and other scheduled events
- Setup and manage the conference call schedule, including video interviews, through Go To Meeting
- Assist with verified volunteers and volunteer registrations as needed, update volunteer evaluations etc.
- Order promotional materials (e.g. t-shirts, buttons, flyers, etc) as needed
- Update forms and materials for case management, volunteer coordinators, regional leadership and construction coordinators as needed
- Shipping of materials to regions as needed
- Conduct various research, as requested, to support regional teams
- Human Resources
- New hire paperwork review and submission
- Background checks
- Health insurance enrollment/cancellation as needed
- Monthly invoicing of employers
- Payment tracking and follow up
- Remittance reports and donation tracking
- Send thank you letters as needed
Will be required to assist with preparations for Annual Conference event and Open Enrollment.
Must be willing to perform other special assignments as requested.
Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc….
High level of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
Strong attention to detail, accuracy and work-flow timelines
Preference is for a member of the United Methodist Church Education:
A college degree or equivalent experience is required
Spends over 85% of time sitting; infrequent walking, standing or climbing stairs; occasional lifting (max. 20 lbs).
Must be able to partner with other FLUMC Administrative Assistants as needed
Contact: Marilynn Mollica