Director of Communications * Part-Time Position
The Director of Communications will create, oversee and implement promotional tools and activities designed to enhance communication between St. James, its members, and guests. The Director of Communications will also lead all initiatives to expand the visibility of St. James and the church’s participation in our community at all levels. These efforts will be in line with and support the mission of the church “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
- Inspire engagement from congregation and community by executing comprehensive, global communication strategies.
- Ensure the St. James “brand” is maintained across all mediums with stylistic and relevant excellence.
- Manage internal and external communication strategies to maintain global, church-wide perspectives.
- Develop content as well as create marketing and promotional materials through intentional engagement with ministry directors in order to enhance all ministries of the church.
- Develop and manage relationships with volunteers and appropriate outside vendors for printing and distribution of print and electronic media. Ensures that production schedules remain on-time.
- Coordinate and manage historical archive of image management (photo and video).
- Coordinate and manage in-depth coverage of all campus events, including pre- and post-event marketing and communication.
- Design & maintain internal communication mediums, including all print and digital medium forums.
- Research and implement current media standards across all mediums.
- Works with Senior Director of Worship & Connecting, alongside ministry department leaders, to determine event promotion strategies while managing event budgets and expenses.
- Manages relationships with volunteers (photographers and videographers) in order to provide still and moving image content for St. James’ publications, web site and informational videos.
- Designs and launches weekly church-wide email newsletter (eNews).
- Oversees St. James website, app & social media forums. Solicits and generates copy for site and implements its posting online, ensuring information is accurate and “fresh”.
- Creates & delivers press releases, media relations content & social media content.
- Develops captivating story ideas for use across all mediums.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Worship & Connecting.
- A demonstrated ability to support the mission and ministries of SJUMC.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Previous work experience in marketing communications required, primarily in design, layout & content management.
- Project management experience, organizational skills and attention to detail, demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; flexibility, ability, and tact to work with a variety of situations and people (including volunteers) to accomplish tasks.
- Proficient in design software (Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Able to provide portfolio of recent previous work.
- Proficient in common office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in writing and editing
- Proficient in social media and online database software (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WordPress, CMS).
- Working knowledge of basic video production (story telling, audio/video, lighting techniques, editing software, etc.), or willing to learn.
Physical requirements include prolonged sitting and prolonged viewing of computer monitor.
- Team Player
- Team builder
- Servant Leader
All interested applicants, please send resume and any supporting documents, samples or portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Andrea Reece-Kitchen
16202 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa FL 33647