Children’s Ministry Director
Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church
Children's Ministry Director
This position exists to facilitate the making, growing and equipping of disciples of Jesus Christ with a specific emphasis on children and families by effectively partnering, interacting, participating and coordinating with the members of the Discipleship Team. Recognizing that there is a finite amount of time from birth to graduation, it is with a sense of urgency that this position will teach parents how to intentionally disciple their own children to grow and become secure in their faith.
- Reports to the Director of Discipleship, Ministry, and Mission of Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church (LMUMC)
- Coordinates and partners with Discipleship Team
- Directly supervises childcare workers and children’s soccer coordinator
- Interacts with a variety of external and internal individuals including, but not limited to vendors, church members and congregants, other staff and volunteers.
- Implement an inclusive vision & strategy for children (infant to fifth grade) that integrates with overall LMUMC discipleship strategy
- Teach and equip parents to intentionally and primarily disciple their children
- Create a sense of Christian community for the children and their families
- Incorporate children into the life, ministries and goals of the church
- Use wise discernment in all plans, activities and interactions
- Develop engaging weekly programming that appeals to today’s children and their parents
- Periodically review plans to adapt and change to meet the identified outcomes
- Plan and execute annual VBS experience for 200+ children
- Recruit, Train & Coordinate Volunteers and Mentors
- Recruit, disciple, train and mentor volunteers to become disciples making disciples
- Seek opportunities to engage and involve parents in the program
- Foster a faith development in children by focusing on the 5 key areas of LMUMC discipleship strategy: education, spiritual formation, worship, community, and generosity.
- Instill a solid Biblical literacy and foundation
- Foster a sense of invitation to a child’s prayer life engaging them in practices of prayer
- Use creative forms of art, music, and film to inspire children to engage in time with God
- Create experiences for children to practice having a generous heart with their time, talent, and treasure.
- Administrate the program keeping the 5 areas of discipleship central when making all staffing, financial, and management decisions.
- Attend weekly meetings with Director of Discipleship, Ministry, and Mission
- Attend frequent discipleship meetings
- Create yearly written Children’s discipleship plan as outlined by LMUMC discipleship planning structure
- Effectively manage the financial aspects of the ministry area with the established guidelines and procedures
- Develop and implement lines of communication that inform children, parents, pastors, volunteers, other ministry areas, vendors, website, etc.
- Assure a safe environment for children, parents and volunteers by adhering to the CYPP policies and procedures
- Oversee children’s soccer program
- Manage soccer coordinator in partnership with Director of Discipleship, Ministry, and Mission
- Create and manage budget for each season
- Help soccer coordinator with administrative tasks as needed.
- Actively Pursue Personal Spiritual Formation & Growth
- Spend intentional time daily in personal devotion and spiritual formation leading the organization by example.
- Participate in the community life of the church through small group participation and weekly worship
- Ability to work with staff and volunteers to enlist their assistance to facilitate activities.
- Self-driven and responsible to work independently and without constant supervision to perform duties.
- Manage multiple simultaneous activities with planning and foresight to maintain schedule deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity in children’s ministry projects and functions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability and desire to adapt to change and take on new challenges.
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Microsoft Office skills
Email Resume to: email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
- 3+ years working in children ministry
- Faith Experience
- Professing Christian with strong foundation in discipleship life and spiritual formation practices
- Capacity to remain flexibility in a demanding work environment, dependable and patient with positive work attitude and ethic.
- Physical Demands
- The person in this position must be able to complete the following physical tasks to perform this position effectively: lift 25 pounds, sit/stand for long periods of time, use of vision short and long distance.
- Background Check
- Pass required background check
Contact: Hilary Rain
2902 W FLETCHER AVE TAMPA FL 33618