AUDIO/VISUAL (AV) SPECIALIST Christ United Methodist Church
AUDIO/VISUAL (AV) SPECIALIST JOB DESCRIPTION
Christ United Methodist Church
This position is not a “gig,” but a ministry leadership role. Every person who supports the worship life of our church is a worship leader. In addition to technical responsibilities, the Audio/Visual Specialist is responsible for setting the spiritual tone for the Technical Ministry. The AV Specialist must be highly reliable and always on time for scheduled events. The AV Specialist must be available to work on Christmas Eve and Easter during the worship services. The AV Specialist is permitted to request, with proper notice, four Sundays off per year (excluding Easter or Christmas Eve). The AV Specialist should be spiritually prepared in addition to technically prepared for their role in worship. Positive, humble, cooperative, and wil AUDIO/VISUAL (AV) SPECIALIST JOB DESCRIPTION
Christ United Methodist Church
ling attitudes are expected. The AV Specialist’s ultimate goal is to ensure that services and events across all facilities and ministries are able to utilize technology efﬁciently, effectively, and strategically in order to enhance the experience of those attending. Good communication is a must. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
The AV Specialist must support the mission of Christ UMC: “to be and make disciples of Jesus Christ.” The AV Specialist shall provide technical support for worship services and events at the church, including, but not limited to the following duties.
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support This includes (but not limited to):
- Audio mixing, and audio recording (knowledge of current equipment)
- Lighting production
- Switching with multiple cameras
- Video recording, and live streaming production
- Run ProPresenter presentations (another staff member creates the presentations)
- Prepare equipment for rehearsals, worship services as needed
- Collaborate with Pastor, Music Director, Communications Director, and ministry leaders to help facilitate AV needs
- Ensure that every worship service and event is vibrant, distraction free, and technically well supported.
- Recruit, train, equip, schedule, and lead AV volunteers on assignment for events and services.
- Update and maintain production technologies to ensure that technologies are in working order, make suggestion of future purchases, and be involved in technical installations.
The above list of responsibilities shall not be construed as a complete list of duties.
Position descriptions are developed as guides for the employees of Christ UMC.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn of audio systems speciﬁcally Behringer X32 digital mixer
- Knowledge or willingness to learn wireless microphone technology and maintenance (including battery and cable maintenance, wind screens for summer, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of live and streaming video environments including video switcher with multiple cameras, computer-graphics and ProPresenter.
- Ideal candidate is highly tech-savvy, able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly.
- Possess a teachable spirit and collaborate well in a team environment.
- Very strong organizational abilities and excellent attention to details.
- Ability to be ﬂexible in an environment that is subject to spur of the moment change and possess a “whatever it takes” attitude.
Hours & Compensation:
The position of AV Specialist is a part time position, 5–10 hours per week, at the rate of $20 per hour. Furthermore, it is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year (i.e. Christmas, Easter, weddings, funerals, evenings, weekends, etc.).
- Formal training or apprenticeship in A/V production or related discipline. Willingness to learn and to expand knowledge.
- Must have broad hands-on experience with technology in a worship production environment.
- Ability to train, inspire and motivate teams of volunteers.
Contact: Mary Muratore
Location: Christ UMC
Address: 400 Penman Road Neptune Beach 32266
Email: Click to email